ISO 27001 – 2013 CERTIFICATION is the international standard that describes best practice for an information security management system (ISMS). Accredited certification to ISO 27001 Certificate demonstrates that an organization is following global information safety best practices.
Re-released in 2013, ISO/IEC 27001 builds upon established foundations as the most widely documented international standard specially aimed at information security management. The acceptance of an Information Security Management System (ISMS) is a strategic decision driving the coordination of operational security controls across all of the organizations electronic and mental information resources.
ISO IEC 27001 2013 is an information security management standard. It defines a set of information security management requirements. The official complete name of this standard is ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Information technology – Security techniques – Information security management systems – Needs. These needs can be found in the following seven sections:
The ISO/IEC 27001:2013 (referred to as ISO 27001 for the purposes of this article series) is an international standard for launching, applying, operating, monitoring, reviewing, maintaining and humanizing an Information Security Management System (ISMS). ISO 27001 is a suitable management standard for all sectors of industry and commerce and is not limited to electronic information on computers. A common delusion is that ISO 27001 and information security in general is intended only to prevent hackers from gaining access to a computer or network.
The intention of this international standard is to support organizations launch and maintain an information security management system (ISMS). An ISMS is a set system used to manage and control information, risks in security as well as maintaining the integrity, protection and preservation and confidentiality of information. We expected this certification for its Operations, IT and MIS departments within its organization after passing an audit of its ISMS and consequently met the ISO/IEC 27001: 2013 needs.
Benefits of ISO 27001:2015 Certificate
- Improved customer satisfaction that improves client retention
- Keeps confidential information secure
- Protects the company, assets, shareholders and directors
- Manages and minimizes risk exposure
- Permits you to ensure you are meeting your legal obligations
- Supports you to comply with other regulations (e.g. SOX)
- Provide you with a competitive advantage
- Permits for secure exchange of information
- Consistency in the delivery of your service or product
- Provides clients and stakeholders with confidence in how you manage risk
- Builds a culture of security